Manager, Content Strategy & Analysis - Programming Strategy & Research
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
A sample of work could include:
- Manage company-wide scheduling and slating conversations, adjusting slating decisions based on internal frameworks and metrics as well as conversations with our creative executives.
- Lead development of analytical frameworks around content programming, especially as it pertains to combining our internal data with third party data.
- Develop a deep understanding of industry trends and competitive strategies to inform content investment decisions.
- Work cross-functionally with our Data Engineering & Infrastructure and Science & Algorithms teams to assist in advanced analytics and optimization of tools and processes.
- Create insightful presentations that summarize analyses and present them to senior business leaders.
- Develop associates on the team: establish priorities, set objectives, and provide guidance and feedback.
- 7-10 years of experience in finance, strategy, and/or consulting roles. For candidates with MBAs, prefer candidates with 1-4 years post-MBA experience.
- Expertise in the media industry (having worked in a studio, production company, agency, distributor) is a plus though not required.
- Strong communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analyses to executives/senior management clearly and concisely.
- Superb financial modeling skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
- The successful candidate must display, through attitude and accomplishments, strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers. He or she must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
- Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate would be prepared to regularly "roll up their sleeves" to perform more routine tasks in the same day that they are asked to prepare analysis and a presentation to the executives of the company. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
- Exceptional proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint; working knowledge of statistics and analysis packages
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation. MBA preferred but not required.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.