Finance Business Partner - APAC
Netflix, Singapore, Singapore
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
In this role you will partner with the following cross-functional partners:
- Business Owners - Execute all finance related tasks (procurement support, reviewing and re-negotiating contracts, vendor management, creating purchase orders, reviewing invoices, expense reporting) and be an embedded partner and active contributor across various teams.
- Accounts Payable - Create POs where applicable and provide non-PO invoice coding to enable timely and accurate invoice processing and accurate financial reporting.
- Accounting - Drive an accurate and timely month-end close by owning the accrual process and explaining variance drivers.
- FP&A - Ensure accurate coding to provide meaningful reporting and identify opportunities to use data to drive business decisions.
- IT - Design, simplify, and automate finance and payment workflows and partner on system enhancements to help automate workflows to scale.
- Communicating with the business to drive the procurement of services from our vendors and understand the status/timeline of delivery of services.
- Partner closely with the business to support their sourcing decisions and vendor partnerships for scale, cost efficiencies, and to ensure a diverse and sustainably focused supplier chain to keep pace with the evolving needs of our business.
- Setting-up purchase orders (PO’s) in to ensure appropriate classification of expenses to enable financial reporting and analysis.
- Driving projects that help to simplify and automate manual workflows. Actively participate in system features development and user acceptance testing.
- Managing vendors and invoicing processes: reviewing vendor records, ensuring timely billing, approving invoices, and working with Accounting to ensure accuracy of accrued services.
Qualities We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of relevant Finance and/or Accounting experience
- Experience with sourcing, procurement, and purchase orders, as you will deal with these on day 1 and look for ways to optimize the workflows
- Ability to take ownership of tasks while handling competing priorities
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to navigate large data sets
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.