Design Program Manager
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Set- up and optimize the design team’s framework and cross-functional workflows, so Studio design teams can focus on solving UX problems effectively and with minimal churn
- Drive complex programs to help the Design teams scale which include prioritization and planning, resource management, program tracking, and budget management
- Establish engagement models and cross-functional collaboration channels with key design partners and stakeholders, balancing multiple priorities and needs
- Successfully collaborate with design leaders, designers, product managers, data scientists, researchers, and engineers
- Advocate for design by ensuring the design team has time and space to apply sound design practices in the product development lifecycle
- Work with creative vendors and agencies and identify opportunities to streamline 3rd party engagement
- 8+ years of applicable program management experience in a technology or creative environment
- Demonstrated delivery of large-scale programs and projects, preferably multiple successful product launches that drove meaningful impact to the business
- Understanding of complex workflows designed to scale across diverse, global teams
- Passion for user experience and design with an understanding of the creative/design workflow
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills and the ability to manage in an environment of ambiguity with a diverse range of partners.
- The communication skills to clearly articulate your concepts and evangelize on their behalf
- Experience working in continuous delivery environments where the pace is fastA willingness to fail and learn
- Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback and can constructively give it as well
- Experience leading project and program related to studio production, content financial planning or slate management
Why work at Netflix?
- If you are looking to have a large impact at a growing company and work with a high-performance team. Work with talented colleagues on challenging problems that affect 100+ million members across the globe.
- We value high performance, freedom, and responsibility. We don't focus on rules, processes, or procedures. We are candid and transparent and seek excellence in all that we do.
- We tackle challenging problems that others have not been able to solve. We produce great content, build systems at scale, and use data to push the business forward. We connect people with movies and television globally.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Sweat in good company