Manager, Content FP&A - Licensed Film
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Support near-term and long-term P&L and Cash forecasts for the Content budget
- Prepare guidance and financial update materials for Content leads and Corporate FP&A team to identify potential shortfalls or surpluses.
- Maintain schedule of estimated future contractual commitments for accurate disclosure in financial statements and proper capital planning.
- Thought partner to Content Acquisition executives as they lead negotiations with external Studios.
- Work with senior leadership within the content organization to translate strategic initiatives into multi-year roadmap with complete cost and capital requirements.
- Comfort with synthesizing large datasets to consumable executive summaries for stakeholders.
- Prepare dynamic scenario analysis to facilitate discussion when faced with economic trade-offs.
- Forecast programming flow and analytics to plan for long-term programming health of licensing business.
- Develop KPIs, metrics and dashboards to understand current and future programming mix.
- Drive improvements to current financial reporting and tooling resources for the department.
- Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators.
- Prior experience in financial planning & analysis in the entertainment industry, corporate finance, investment banking, or public accounting is preferred. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis and delivering actionable recommendations based on this analysis.
- The successful candidate must display initiative in anticipating and exceeding the business demands of senior-level executives. He/She must thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
- Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
- 10+ years of relevant experience. Prior experience in Media / Entertainment Financial Planning & Analysis preferred
- Experience leading and building teams
- Extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis.
- Must have proficiency working with systems and automated reporting tools (i.e., Hyperion, SAP, Workday financials, etc.). Financial systems development experience a plus.
- Superior proficiency with Excel and complex financial modeling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 4-year degree in a relevant field with strong academic performance, MBA preferred
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.