Manager, Infrastructure, Data Science and Engineering
Netflix, Remote, United States
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What will fill your days
- Visionary: You intuitively understand business and technology and you leverage that to guide a team providing relevant context and inspiration.
- Partnership: You establish strong relationships with both business and technical leaders across Netflix.
- Technical Leadership: You lead from the front and are curious about the domain and able to find opportunities for impact to the business.
- Recruiting: You are constantly on the lookout for talent and have a knack for recognizing and attracting top-tier engineers to your team. You understand the importance of building an amazing team and the value it brings to the overall company.
- Feedback & Development: You see people’s strengths/weaknesses and are both gifted and courageous in talking with them about it.
Character & qualities that will help you succeed
- You’re willing to risk rejection. When you fail, you learn and are willing to try again.
- You’re not afraid of hard conversations and sharing your perspective.
- You embrace diversity in the workplace and you strive to seek diverse ideas and opinions.
- You’re a creative revolutionary, forward thinking and proactive.
- You possess a solid sense of business acumen.
- You listen and communicate well.
- You’re allergic to micromanagement.
- You prefer to give context, delegate, and watch amazing people exceed your hopes and expectations.
- You’re a natural leader but your team and colleagues see your humility.
Who you are
- You likely have a M.S. or Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Physics, Operations Research, etc. Technical publications and ties to academic communities are a plus.
- You have hired and led cross functional data-focused teams comprised of engineers, analysts and scientists with diverse technical strengths.
- You have experience building a technical vision.
- You are an advocate for engineering excellence.
- You have used big data technologies (i.e. Spark/MapReduce/Hadoop, etc…) at one point in your career and built large scale data pipelines.
- You have a background in two or more of the following disciplines: software engineering, data analytics, statistics, modeling, machine learning, and experimentation.
- You have used SQL, Python and some reporting/visualization tools at one point in your career.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
The best bed for better sleep