Manager, Marketing Partnerships - Japan
Netflix, Tokyo, Japan
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Own the marketing relationship with our acquisition partners, and be the first layer of go-to across various levels of partners’ marketing departments
- Work closely cross functionally with our business development, marketing and product teams, both in country (Japan), as well as Regional level with APAC and US teams.
- Provide seamless and strategic support to partners, and proactively co-develop campaigns leveraging our IP to maximize Netflix exposure on their marketing channels and engagement on partner devices to create best in class launches and campaigns
- Collaborate with internal marketing functions, partner creative teams, consumer products team and agencies to elevate the Netflix brand and introduce our content to consumers in unique and unexpected ways to drive buzz and conversations with our members.
- Activate campaigns by developing and launching creative partner marketing programs that advance exposure for Netflix content or the brand in a way that also benefits our partners
- Drive integration between broader content and brand programs at Netflix and our strategic partners
- Evaluate performance against marketing goals with partners through established review rhythm and define corrective actions to improve effectiveness and results
- A desire to assimilate and thrive in our unique culture.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Japan in one or more of the following industries: tech, consumer electronics, consumer products, mobile carrier, MVPDs, consumer entertainment and/or gaming
- Strong experience in consumer marketing with natural partner management and influencing skills
- Curiosity and passion in exploring and able to self-manage and proactively drive negotiations (with support from internal cross-functional teams) with partner to gain maximize amount of marketing investment in each BD deals
- Natural partner engagement skills with the ability to develop rapport and translate established partner relationships to programs that impact the business.
- Ability to analyze and apply data to business strategy and goals.
- Experience and passion for building great content partner marketing programs that are unique and scalable.
- An ability to effectively provide input on creative development from a local market perspective
- Strong level of independence and efficiency while maintaining a high-degree of organization.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills and ability to promote innovation through a creative collaboration process that transforms different input into one actionable output.
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously without the support of a large team, working both independently and in close collaboration with a wide variety of stakeholders, and external agencies.
A big plus
- Experience and track record of taking a foreign capital brand/product/service in Japan from market-entry stage to a successful industry-leading milestone.
- Experience working with Entertainment properties (movies, tv series, video games, music, etc) is essential.
- Experience working across different regions and cultures, in industries like consumer electronics and/or telco is a plus.
- Pay TV and Entertainment background is a plus.
- Fluency in English, Japanese is required, with Mandarin being a big big plus.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.