VP of Product Data Science & Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What you will do:
- Inspire and lead your team to deliver strategic and novel data science approaches that help optimize Netflix's approach to growth, the member-facing product, and streaming content delivery, and guide ongoing product decisions.
- Participate heavily in Netflix’s executive team: help set business strategy, represent product data science and engineering, initiate and debate key strategic topics and opportunities from your team’s work, and drive bold high-impact decisions.
- Grow and expand your expert team with an eye toward diverse and forward-pushing skills that span machine learning methods, data engineering, experimentation, and analytics.
- Instill an inclusive team culture that is innovative and collaborative.
- Lead strong partnerships with Netflix’s product management, engineering, design, and content teams.
Your background and characteristics:
- You enjoy having a strategic impact at an executive level, including interacting with other leaders on tangly issues and applying strong judgment and analysis toward important business decisions.
- You have a deep technical background in applied data science, spanning some or all of statistics, experimentation, machine learning, causal methods, optimization techniques, data engineering and architecture (applied to large data), and behavioral analytics. You likely have an M.S. or Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Physics, Operations Research, etc.
- You have experience building and leading large and geographically distributed data science teams (100+). You are proactive and passionate about org health topics including inclusion & diversity, growth & development of ICs and people leaders, and functional excellence.
- You are skilled at operating in a complex, cross-functional organization where your teams need to collaborate and integrate with other teams across many disciplines.
- You have exceptional communication skills. You are articulate with both technical and business partners. You create effective frameworks to aid the discussion of complicated topics. You are an active listener. You are strong across written communication as well as oral presentations. You are naturally conscious of who needs to know what and proactively seek to share important context accordingly.
- You are curious about different regions and entertainment tastes around the world, and excited to help Netflix deepen and broaden our product to increase its relevance globally.
- You are enthusiastic about Netflix’s culture. Our culture is unique and we live by our values as articulated at https://jobs.netflix.com/culture.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.