Product Designer, Personalization
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Explore innovative approaches to Machine Learning-powered UX by keeping abreast of and informing ML (Machine Learning) best practices and UX trends and pushing the boundaries of what it means to design personalized product solutions.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team spanning user research, data science, product management, and engineering to build new product features that advance our mission to connect members in personalized and relevant ways.
- Lead multiple projects across the entire product lifecycle. Design, validate, refine, and ship product experiences grounded in human-centered machine learning.
- Set a vision for an end-to-end user experience by exploring divergent concepts and quickly converging ideas based on technical constraints and business goals.
- Provide systems thinking that solves design problems at scale, both strategically and tactically. You’re comfortable switching between vision-level and hands-on pixel-level work.
- Rationalize UX solutions with data, improve designs through feedback, and thoughtfully question the status quo.
- Employ your strength in storytelling to present a vision and articulate design rationale to create a shared understanding of the UX strategy with the broader team. Apply big-picture thinking to break down open-ended opportunities into actionable next steps with the appropriate level of detail and fidelity at every phase.
- Proactively identify opportunities and solutions by connecting dots across the broader org.
- Embrace our culture of experimentation and A/B testing.
- Embrace a global-first mindset.
- 8+ years of experience designing UX for consumer-facing products across web, mobile and/or TV.
- An understanding of the intersection of User Experience and Machine Learning.
- Experience designing human-centered personalized products, with knowledge of personalized machine learning algorithms, especially recommender systems.
- A systems thinker with experience designing large-scale design systems.
- Well-versed in data-informed product design and development.
- Track record of shipping products and leading projects to successful outcomes for global users and the business.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate the rationale behind your design decisions and influence key stakeholders.
- An insatiable curiosity for user experiences powered by machine learning, algorithms and recommendation systems.
- Track record for designing global products for a diverse range of users across the world.
- A passion for entertainment, filmmaking, and storytelling.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
The social news and entertainment company.
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Product Manager, Online Analytical Processing
MongoDB, Remote EMEA, UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, Portugal