Manager, Original Series - Canada
Netflix, Toronto, Canada
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Establish and maintain relationships with creators, producers, and talent to source new content opportunities in Canada.
- Manage and evaluate content through performance tracking, relationship cultivation, and research to find projects that engage our subscribers and enhance our brand.
- Represent Canadian Originals team interests across the company (operations, legal, finance, business intelligence/reporting, marketing, product) on a regular basis.
- Communicate market trends and new content opportunities to internal and external partners.
- Identify up and coming talent - writers, directors, producers.
- Develop and produce scripted fiction series and guide projects creatively through various stages of development and production until launched on the Netflix service.
- Partner with internal teams (production, production finance, post management, VFX) for the best creative outcome.
- Read & provide effective creative notes on scripts, cuts, edits of series. Provide guidance on storylines and casting. Work closely with external creative partners, including writers, producers, and directors.
- Fluency in English and French strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing and producing television series, ideally with 10+ years of experience
- Intimate knowledge of the Canadian entertainment industry and audience preferences
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment supervising several projects in various points of development and production
- Team-player who thrives in a collaborative setting
- Willingness to continue learning and driving innovation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos