Director, Production Tooling
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Design and architect production tools and systems in collaboration with production stakeholders and other engineering teams.
- Contribute to technology roadmaps and strategy discussions.
- Expand the team by attracting diverse talent that can push our technical boundaries.
- Lead a small team through programming, documentation, testing and deployment of complex systems and their interaction with the rest of the production environment.
- Provide technical and project guidance and mentorship to individual contributors on the team.
- Foster an inclusive environment, where all points of view are welcomed and encouraged.
- Be a thoughtful leader, and drive both technical and business priorities and roadmaps.
- Proven ability to design and deploy complex interdependent systems in a best-in-class visual effects, animation or similar production environment.
- Proven tool development track record for Animation, VFX or Games production in at least one of the following areas: rendering, rigging, real-time, animation, simulation, pipelines.
- High-energy self-starter with a passion for computer graphics workflows. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in the ecosystem of tools, techniques and production workflow requirements across the animation or VFX industries.
- Experience hiring and mentoring high-caliber engineers that have diverse technical strengths and backgrounds across animation pipelines, computer graphics and scalable distributed systems.
- Multiple years of experience leading engineering teams that design and build systems which support the animation workflow process.
- Exceptional communication skills, and can translate technical concepts into easy-to-understand language for business partners.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.