Director, Creative Talent Development - LATAM
Netflix, Mexico City, Mexico
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Help define and execute a pan regional strategy for LATAM in concert with the Grow Creative regional task force groups.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of apprenticeship and educational initiatives.
- Align with all cross-functional teams to effectively contribute to growing in-region talent, increasing the pool of above and below-the-line roles through a diversity lens, and aiding in incentives through on-the-job training and educational programs.
- Develop an outreach strategy along with internal stakeholders to build our connection to local communities.
- Identify, establish and manage partnerships with local learning institutions and not-for-profit entities to align programs with Netflix and industry needs
- Help facilitate business-to-business events and educational sessions in region
- Travel regionally to support local Grow Creative goals.
- Establish and maintain the infrastructure to support pipelines.
- Maintain the day-to-day correspondence and coordination with regional partners.
- Track Talent: Identify and track participants from programs for potential Netflix content development and production so that we can pull talent into our productions and continue to develop them on our shows.
- Document and measure the success of initiatives.
- Manage local Grow Creative budget.
- Knowledge of the regional creative ecosystem and producing landscape (+10 years experience). Including creators, producers, film schools, festivals and other potential partner-run training programs, government departments and other local organizations.
- Working knowledge of American television development process.
- Knowledge of apprenticeship programs but experience not required.
- Excellent industry relationships;
- Language ability in English, Spanish and/ or Portuguese.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.