Associate - Customer Service Financial Planning and Analysis
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
The FP&A team that supports Customer Service (CS) is a centralized function that is highly aligned and deeply entrenched within the global CS team, helping to support and partner with senior leaders in areas of financial planning, forecasting, and strategic analysis. We believe that we derive a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach we take to managing the company. The CS FP&A Associate will play a key role in driving analytics that guide critical business decisions, providing actionable insights, strategic analysis and accurate forecasts associated with the Company’s global CS operations.
Our global CS group focuses on providing our subscribers around the world with an amazing experience while we get them back to streaming as quickly and easily as possible. As we continue to expand our global footprint, our CS organization becomes more complex, and senior leaders depend on CS FP&A to accurately identify trends and track performance across our global network. We drive operational and strategic insights through data analysis, identifying opportunities for improvement in both quality and cost.
This role is based in the Company’s corporate headquarters in Los Gatos and reports to the Senior Manager of FP&A for CS. Candidates should expect about 10-15% travel to our internally-operated and vendor-managed call centers (locations such as Salt Lake City, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon, and Manila, to name a few) and corporate offices around the globe.
- Forecast CS contact volume across global markets to support short-term staffing decisions and long-term strategic planning, as well as CS expenses for corporate planning and budgeting purposes (earnings guidance, board of director meetings, etc).
- Collaborate with global CS leadership team on key operational, financial, and strategic analyses in order to improve quality, deliver service levels, and drive cost optimization and efficiency improvements across our global CS network.
- Work cross-functionally with both internally-operated and vendor-managed call centers to support the broader CS goals of driving an amazing customer experience in the simplest and most efficient manner possible.
- Partner with our Data Engineering and Analytics team to develop tools to drive performance improvements and surface customer insights.
- Provide support for accounting during month, quarter, and year-end close processes.
- Support CS leadership and the Senior Manager of CS FP&A with ad hoc customer service analyses, including continual definition of best practice metrics and reporting methods.
We are looking for candidates who are highly analytical, and effective communicators. Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, where employees at all levels roll up their sleeves and perform tasks with a range of difficulties; able to think strategically and act tactically. Candidates must be self-starters, disciplined to work effectively autonomously, while also collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver results. We thrive on solving complex and ambiguous problems. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of developing and delivering recommendations based on superior financial and business performance analysis.
• 3 – 5 years of experience in a highly analytical environment, preferably in a management/operational consulting firm or a competitive financial/operational rotational program, with extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis.
• Have the an ability to learn quickly, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Experience working with relational databases, data, and reports; SQL, Microstrategy, or Tableau knowledge a plus.
• Extreme proficiency with MS Excel is expected; working knowledge of statistics and analysis packages a plus.
• A passion for being a part of an amazing customer service group is a must.
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.