Workers Compensation Specialist
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Collaborate cross functionally between the internal Netflix internal teams, productions, and external partners e.g: TPA, broker, doctors, vendors, and payroll company.
- Answers the dedicated work comp phone line, assists with calls or call routing to the appropriate person.
- Coordinates team calendars, meetings, travel, and production kickoffs.
- Reviews the team email and coordinates incident triage with cross functional partners upon receipt to ensure integrity of all forms and documentation submitted through our RMIS system, Origami.
- Reports all claims to the third party administrator via our reporting platform, Origami.
- Creation/coordination of reports for our team and cross functional partners e.g: (Safety, Production HR, Legal, & Corporate).
- Manages incoming invoices, reviews for accuracy and timely payment.
- Coordinates receipt, distribution, mailing, and uploading of signed agreements internally and externally.
- Assists in managing med-only and lost time workers’ compensation claims globally.
- Initiates and maintains self-insured certifications.
- Coordinates all functions/maintenance of internal Netflix applications.
- Manages subpoena requests and assists with collecting all supporting documentation.
- Maintains flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as needed.
- 3-5 years of workers’ compensation experience, preferably in an insurance entertainment setting.
- Knowledge of workers’ compensation laws of multiple states to include CA, GA, & NY. Other jurisdictions are a plus.
- Self-insured workers compensation certification is a plus.
- Collaborate inclusively - Partner with team members and authentically recognize, understand, and appreciate differences, and connect across these differences by being mutually adaptive.
- Curiosity and passion - Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all; positive attitude and never settling for “good enough” are key, along with fitting into our unique company culture.
- Adaptable - You have to be comfortable in an ever-changing eco-system of production, finance, and insurance issues and projects.
- Must have a high level of organization, the ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet manner.
- Must be highly proficient in report creation.
- Proficient in various RMIS systems e.g: Origami
- Proficient in G Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of HTML/coding is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one