Associate, Marketing Planning & Analysis - Latin America
Netflix, Alphaville, Brazil
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
As Netflix continues to push its global growth, the Marketing Planning & Analysis (MP&A) team is looking for a talented Associate to drive planning and analysis for our Latin America marketing efforts. Netflix derives a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach it takes to managing all aspects of the business, and this is equally applicable to Marketing Strategy. This position will partner closely with regional Marketing leadership to inform important business decisions with data-driven insights.
In this role, you will need to be highly analytical with a killer eye for detail, a strong problem solver, and effective communicator. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and focus on generating results. You must be a self-starter and be able to work effectively in an autonomous manner. The position is based in our Sao Paulo, Brazil office and reports to the California-based Marketing Planning & Analysis lead for Latin America.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Monitor subscriber behavior - acquisition, retention and viewing - to identify trends and uncover insights that help drive subscriber growth and shape marketing strategy
• Perform value-added analyses to inform marketing campaigns and media optimization
• Support the setup of marketing experimentation within specific LatAm markets in collaboration with other cross-functional teams (MP&A, Science & Algorithms, etc.)
• Conduct market research, track and compile industry trends and competitive analysis to inform marketing strategies
• Develop insights related to our Original Series and Features, and LatAm markets, to facilitate strategic planning and the allocation of the marketing budget
• Collaborate with the Marketing team to manage in-quarter budget adjustments
• Create deliverables and present findings to a broad range of creative to technical business partners
• Develop trusted relationships with Marketing stakeholders
A successful candidate will have a strong track record of identifying key questions, connecting the dots, performing analyses independently, and communicating findings in a clear and concise way. He/she must display strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of business managers.
• 3-5 years of experience in a highly analytical environment - corporate planning and/or analysis in an entertainment/digital media company, top management consulting firm, investment bank or similarly demanding environment in which modeling and strategic analysis are performed
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for problem solving through financial modeling and analysis in Excel
• Excellent communication skills and strong capabilities for crafting and presenting analyses and insights to executives
• Detail oriented with a keen eye for process improvement opportunities
• History of self-starting initiatives and an enthusiasm for creating their own work
• Familiarity with digital marketing a plus
• Demonstrated experience working in cross-functional teams
• Top-tier education. MBA preferred, but not required
• Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese; high professional proficiency in English