Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
The successful candidate must:
- have a J.D. degree (or international equivalent);
- have at least 4 years of legal experience with a focus on contract law, commercial law and/or transactional law;
- have significant experience with either (a) filmed entertainment production or (b) within the production vendor space, ideally in post-production or visual effects;
- possess solid contract drafting and negotiating skills, with a strong familiarity with vendor/supply-chain/services agreements;
- have an ability to understand and explain efficiently how legal concepts apply in practice;
- have strong organizational and project management skills, enabling many projects to keep moving simultaneously; and
- be familiar and comfortable with international business and cultures, and be able to adapt their approach depending on the particular cultural context.
The successful candidate will also possess the following abilities and traits:
- the ability to maintain a team-oriented approach while also making independent decisions under tight deadlines with imperfect information;
- the ability to discern when process is an encumbrance and when it is an efficiency driver;
- a solution-oriented mindset, with the ability to take projects over the finish line;
- the willingness to tackle matters, and the capacity to contribute effectively outside one’s area of expertise;
- the willingness to adapt and embrace change with enthusiasm;
- the courage to challenge prevailing assumptions and the insight to suggest better approaches;
- a knack for making connections that other miss;
- a default approach that favors sharing information openly and proactively;
- additional language skills and/or international working experiences (not required, but a strong plus).
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.