Senior Software Engineer, Open Connect
Netflix, Remote, United States
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
We need you to
- Understand and deeply focus on the real-world benefit your systems and products will have on our customers and users
- Have a product mindset, demonstrating empathy with our users and a keenness to engage with them when designing new products (note that we are not looking for a product or project manager)
- Be driven by, and have a bias toward, autonomy: you’ll be given a lot of context on the problems we’re trying to solve, but you’ll need to figure out how to solve them on your own
- Be invested in the long-term view: while we need to deliver value this month and this quarter, we need to avoid technical debt and other forms of unnecessary complications that will serve us poorly in the future
- Have a demonstrated track record in building large-scale, highly resilient, web services
- Demonstrate expertise with an object oriented programming language (we happen to be a Go and Python shop)
- Be comfortable with cloud environments or very large scale data center environments
- Have great verbal and written communication skills
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Tech Jobs For You
Software Engineering Manager, Bankrate
Red Ventures, Palm Beach Gardens, FL Charlotte, NC, Austin, TX, Detroit...