Senior Software Engineer - TVUI Foundation
Netflix, Remote, United States
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What’s Different About Us
- Scale, Impact
- Hundred Engineers : You’ll be improving UI development velocity for 100 engineers...
- Millions of Users : creating best-in-class streaming UIs used by over 100M users...
- Hundreds of Devices : across a wide spectrum of devices...
- Globally : in almost every country in the world.
- Unique Technical Challenges : We build framework solutions which are flexible enough to withstand the span of use cases introduced by rapid A/B test development, across a varied client, server and network performance landscape, all while being ergonomic to use for the engineers we support.
- Collaboration and Communication : It’s not all about the tech. We highly value the skills required to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively.
- Freedom, Responsibility, Ownership : We believe in providing engineers with the business context they need, and then giving them the freedom and responsibility to define project scope, define/debate architecture, determine trade-offs, and figure out the implementation details.
- Our Culture : Lastly, but most importantly, we live by our values.
What Sets You Apart
- You’re passionate about writing elegantly designed, maintainable, performant software
- You enjoy pushing the boundaries of what technology can do, and exploring uncharted waters
- You love the idea of your work empowering other engineers and strive to understand their use cases
- Colleagues appreciate the unique perspectives and balanced views you bring to collaborations
- You value the opinion of others when fleshing out solutions, to fill out your blind spots
- You know that there is rarely a single ‘right’ solution, and are thoughtful about trade-offs
- You understand that it is really about solving problems. A language, framework or library choice is just a means to an end.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Product Designer, New Categories
DoorDash, Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Los Angeles, CA; Mountain View, ...