Dubbing Language Production Manager (Spain)
Netflix, Madrid, Spain
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Be the leading voice of dubbing production in the respective dubbing market.
- Define standards for excellence and general creative guidelines for the respective territory/country. Analyze content to identify and solve localization challenges in collaboration with the Title Managers on select titles.
- Build and leverage strong relationships with the talent community in the respective territory/country. Maintenance and growth of existing talent databases.
- Collaborate with Dubbing Partners and/or Title Managers on dubbed talent casting and enforcement of creative guidelines on select titles.
- Supervise eligible recording and/or mixing sessions for sensitive and/or high-priority titles.
- Accommodate and/or provide risk assessment for any special upstream localization requests in the territory. Address, resolve and escalate issues and concerns as needed.
- Constantly monitor and support local existing dubbing partners to ensure creative and operational excellence is maintained.
- Keen awareness of the local dubbing market and future collaborations.
- Consistent upkeep and education around union/labour/talent-related situations that could impact Netflix’s content.
- Support and collaborate with cross-functional partners for Inclusion & Diversity initiatives to ensure our strategy is consistent across the organization.
- Be sensitive to the competitive landscape in the respective market.
- 5-10+ years prior experience in managing localization and/or creative workflows within the entertainment industry; background in dubbing creation and a passion for languages and translation quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Native speaking skills in the local region, as well as English, is required.
- Prior experience in managing localization workflows in the entertainment industry; background in dubbing and subtitling creation and a passion for languages and translation quality.
- Deep understanding of differences, subtleties, and nuances between subtitle and dub translation.
- Attention to detail: able to get to the root cause of a problem; able to creatively figure out a solution or propose changes to existing workflows, priorities, tools & technologies, as required.
- Sensitivity to servicing, particularly within the internal organization, including but not limited to the Marketing team, Public Relations, and Content team.
- Creativity and the passion to challenge current industry standards & practices.
- Able to represent Netflix in any industry event on the respective territory/country. Familiarity with the current trends in the entertainment industry in the respective country/territory is a must.
- Understanding of all forms of professional audio formats, technology, best practices, maintenance.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.