Creative Producer (Japan)
Netflix, Tokyo, Japan
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
A Typical Day Might Include:
- Writing a creative brief based on data and insights from partner teams
- Working cross-functionally to source, direct, and create compelling imagery, motion, video, and textual assets
- Leading onboarding meetings with studio reps to set artwork delivery timeline and quality expectations
- Creating project schedules, effectively managing timelines from conception through successful launch and beyond, communicating milestones to key stakeholders.
- Proactively learning about Product strategy, garnering deep understanding of Product priorities distinguishing them from Marketing priorities
- Building and strengthening cross-functional partner relationships with PR, Marketing, Product, Content Acquisition, Legal, etc. teams.
- Reviewing creative asset performance metrics via reporting tools, analyzing winning trends, and determining a path for better creative
- Looking above the horizon to understand the big picture of what Netflix is trying to achieve and spearhead new tests and projects
- Curating the Netflix artwork library to ensure best global representation for all titles
The Right Stuff:
- The successful candidate will be a proactive, flexible and collaborative problem solver who is able to navigate new and ambiguous workflows across multiple time zones.
- Native or bilingual proficiency in speaking and writing in both Japanese and English.5+ years in a creative digital environment. Entertainment and/or gaming experience is a plus.
- International experience, preferably have spent time living and working overseas. Awareness of global/local content trends within the market is a plus.
- Exemplary organizational skills with a disciplined approach to project management.
- Using metrics and testing for more informed creative; ability to create clear, effective briefs grounded in data and insights.
- Must be capable and conversant in all aspects of a digital creative production workflow.
- Understanding and eye for great visual design and the ability to translate design specs into finalized assets.
- Prior project management, team leadership, or creative agency campaign supervision experience.
- Healthy interactions with marketing teams, creative agency, and/or production house, as well as familiarity with studio/network campaigns or entertainment branding.
- Great interpersonal skills with ability to voice opinions and give feedback.
- The soft skills to be able to recognize when to challenge conventional thinking, and also to accept feedback on ideas and work product.
- Basic proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Understand, advocate, and embody the company’s values and team goals.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.