Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Networks
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What you’ll do
- Own and evolve extremely rich datasets on how content flows over the internet to Netflix members every time they’re enjoying our content.
- You'll become an authority in the world of video streaming delivery. No prior knowledge is necessary, but curiosity to learn is a must.
- Success in leveraging this data for business impact will result in Netflix’s global members having a seamless, high quality viewing experience despite challenges posed by where they’re streaming, which device they’re using, or which network they’re streaming on.
- You’ll build robust data pipelines of high data quality in a scalable fashion using any combination of Spark, Flink, Python and Scala.
- We need to process data more quickly than ever to enable rapid experimentation in an increasingly nimble engineering organization. You’ll help implement our business logic to be compatible with real-time/stream processing frameworks.
- Partner with engineering teams, data scientists and others on how to use this new data source.
Your background & experience
- Strong working knowledge of one of either Java or Scala programming languages.
- Experience building production data pipelines (using Spark, Flink, etc.) on web-scale datasets. Experience with distributed realtime data processing is a plus.
- Strong familiarity with SQL and data modeling concepts, in either a relational or data warehousing context.
- Excellent communication, proactively sharing and seeking context to effectively collaborate with analytical and engineering partners. We enjoy collaborating across teams and so should you.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one