Director of Payments - Asia
Netflix, Singapore, Singapore
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
It's an amazing time to be joining the Netflix team as we continue to transform entertainment around the world. We have grown to over 117 million members in over 190 countries and we won’t stop there. Asia has become a very strategic market for us and the driver of our Netflix’s growth in the future. We have ambitious plans to grow our business and subscriber base in the region - that’s where you come in.
We are seeking a world-class leader to join the Global Payments and Asia leadership team. You will have the opportunity to solve one of the most exciting business challenges for Netflix in Asia - Asia is so unique and diverse when it comes to payments and we can't grow the business in Asia without the ability to understand and address consumer’s payments needs here. Netflix is among the largest recurrence payments company in the world, and we hope to ultimately elevate our payments capability in Asia to the scale of our future growth. You will be the ambassador for Netflix in the payments / fintech ecosystem in Asia and the voice of Asia to our global team. You will have the opportunity to create, own and lead the payments strategy for this unique and dynamic region. The Director of Payments, Asia is a high visibility position which will reside in Singapore and report to the VP of Global Payments in Los Gatos, California.
In order to be successful at Netflix, you must be able to anticipate and meet ever increasing business demands while demonstrating strong judgment in the face of ambiguity. You must thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and focus on generating results all while exhibiting the highest level of professional integrity.
We are looking for someone:
- Who is comfortable defining and executing the payments strategy for the Asia region. You are confident interacting with all levels of the organization and are comfortable debating controversial topics with cross-functional stakeholders and executives without any hand holding.
- Who doesn’t care about titles - you care about getting things done. Netflix is a flat organization, which means even leadership is often asked to take on additional responsibilities at lightning speeds without any pretenses.
- Who can manage cross-functional teams to operationalize the region’s payment strategy.
- To own key payment metrics for your markets and derive actionable optimizations all in the name of improving the customer experience, payments performance, and ensuring efficient cost structures.
- Qualifications: Candidates must be highly analytical and strong, effective communicators with 10+ years experience managing very large CNP/recurring payments. Ability to juggle multiple critical tasks simultaneously and often. Willingness to travel often and as needed.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit