Senior Financial Analyst, Contingent Compensation - EMEA
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
About the role:
- You are the informed captain across a portfolio of projects which includes handling Contingent Compensation deliverables end-to-end. Requires the ability to analyze legal agreements, interpret deal terms, and prepare royalty statements and payments based on contractual terms.
- You exercise sound judgement in determining the contingent compensation ultimate cost which requires the ability to create independent financial modes and manage related budget and cash flow across a portfolio of projects.
- You collaborate with partners and are comfortable working with large quantities of detailed data. This includes the procurement and processing of relevant production data across your entire title portfolio.
- You are able to develop ad hoc analysis to represent impact to the business (e.g. profitability of off-service exploitation, financial impact of new deal terms, etc.). This role will also advise on the financial impact of contingent compensation as related to guild/union matters.
- You communicate effectively in all internal meetings you attend and effectively manage external relationships including conversations with guilds, talent representatives and production partners to discuss and resolve inquiries.
- You lead efforts to innovate Contingent Compensation including system development and automation conversations. Provide feedback, research industry best practices and implement impactful improvements to your area that demonstrate the capabilities of your team. You actively help onboard, develop and coach new hires and aid in the review of team member’s work.
- University degree in finance, management, economics, accounting or related field.
- 5-10 years of related experience, preferably with profit participations, royalties, talent deal management, and/or content distribution.
- German and/or French language proficiency strongly preferred.
- Experience reading and interpreting legal agreements including the ability to read and interpret collective bargaining agreements.
- General understanding of global film and television distribution, and an understanding of European media regulations (EU and country-specific).
- Ability to work independently with regional business partners and align with the Los Angeles-based team. Great communicator that can build strong working relationships with a diverse group of cross-functional business partners in a multi-cultural environment.
- You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity.
- Understand, advocate, and embody the company's values and team goals.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.