Trailer Editor - Japan
Netflix, Tokyo, Japan
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
About the Job
- Trailer editors are responsible for the conceptualisation, creative development and execution of trailers and subsets of promotional videos for Netflix titles. You must have a strong knack for storytelling and crafting short-form narrative-driven video assets (without script or copy guidance).
- Demand excellence and demonstrate deep passion for content and member-centric experiences.
- Clearly communicate artistic vision and creative direction with partners and bring ideas to life with freelance editors.
- Troubleshoot toolset inefficiencies and collaborate on post-production optimizations.
- Work closely with a group of peers to efficiently scale and optimize asset suites and collaborate on creative.
- Manage large-scale creative projects and cross-functional relationships from brainstorm to delivery.
- Champion innovation - learn, apply and test new creative practices.
The Right Stuff
- 7+ years in editorial / post-production with a focus in entertainment (studio, agency or freelance).
- Appetite for using data-informed creative approaches to delivering effective video assets with measurable results.
- Expertise in non-linear editing platforms (Adobe Premiere).
- Basic knowledge of motion graphics authoring software (After Effects).
- Knowledge of online / offline production workflows and re-conformance of proxy to full-resolution footage.
- Ability to manage self-manage and organize workloads around tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with openness to feedback (giving and receiving).
- Strong global mindset.
- Understand, advocate, and embody the company’s values and team goals.
- Passion for entertainment, especially Asian content.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.