Manager, Editorial & Publishing - Creative Development & Planning - Talent
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Aid in driving talent strategy across Netflix’s Editorial & Publishing verticals. Partner with the Creative Development team to generate concepts based on talent strengths and aid in the efficiency of talent booking with internal stakeholders.
- Create robust E&P talent strategies for top-tier priorities to present holistically to internal stakeholders and representatives.
- Drive alignment conversations with Netflix internal partners on long-term talent relationships and develop strategies to support these relationships across E&P.
- Develop and maintain efficiencies for information dissemination to E&P stakeholders for series and films, specifically as it relates to highlighting talent in priority titles.
- Contribute to best practices for engaging talent for their work with our organization.
- Solicit conversations with agents and managers to discover new talent to work across Netflix’s editorial and publishing organization. Distribute casting and creative concept information to external partners.
- Manage talent requests with internal stakeholders for large initiatives like Pride, Netflix Geeked Week, Heritage months, etc.
- Partner on the continued evolution for content capture days with Publicity and Marketing including marketing shoots, on-set experiences and junkets.
- Attend shoots and other production events as needed to provide on-set talent support to ensure a successful experience.
The ideal candidate is/has:
- 8+ years experience in a talent-facing entertainment editorial role, ideally with experience in content creation.
- Deep knowledge of the global editorial landscape & social platforms with the ability to strategize for talent against a variety of mediums (photo, AV, print, podcasts, etc).
- A penchant for creative excellence and a proven track record of collaboration to strengthen concepts.
- Successful and highly regarded partner with the industry's top talent and their publicists, agents, and managers.
- A no-ego collaborator who jumps in, gets their hands dirty and prioritizes the team’s goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working directly with talent and talent representation. Skilled in pitching/presenting with the ability to read the room.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that seeks to conquer uncharted territory. Not afraid of ambiguity and excited at the opportunity to pave a new path.
- Instinctively thinking about inclusivity and having a strong POV on how to craft storytelling for all audiences.
- Comfortable working to strict deadlines and finding solutions under pressure.
- Someone that seeks operational excellence, including the ability to problem-solve and bring scale to both their individual work and the work of the team.
- A strong sense of self-evaluation and a commitment to uplifting and educating those around them.
- Respect and understanding for Netflix culture.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.