Engineer, Projection & Exhibition - Studio Technologies
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
As part of the Studio Technologies group, you will:
- Design the screening facilities (theatrical and “home”) for all Netflix offices production spaces worldwide, creating world-class, reference exhibition spaces.
- Outline the maintenance program for these facilities.
- Create a simple, efficient and high-quality audience experience; watching something at Netflix should be as simple and familiar as watching something on Netflix.
- Engage internal and external parties (vendors, contractors) to implement the above.
- Outline and enforce the requirements and expectations for external exhibition experiences (PR, premieres, production/post).
- Create a network of vetted local vendors and specialists to support Netflix worldwide screening needs through evaluation and engagement.
- Devise strategy to scale the technical support of a rapidly growing volume of screenings.
- Support the integration of playback and production platforms into Netflix facilities for special screenings.
- Evaluate new exhibition technology for production and exhibition.
- Support high-profile screenings at the studio and exceptional external screenings in the field.
- Design screening and review solutions for Netflix productions.
- Support productions and strategic initiatives beyond exhibition technology, as qualified (for example: camera, post-production, HDR, audio production).
- 8+ years of experience in motion picture exhibition, interacting with creatives and operators, managing maintenance and upgrades
- Understanding of all forms of professional display formats, technology, best practices, maintenance
- Knowledge of industry standards for picture and sound presentation
- Experience managing the receipt, storage and return of screening assets
- Experience with integration and basic operation of production playback devices (color-correctors, VFX review systems, NLEs) into screening rooms
- Relationships with exhibition technology solutions, equipment, integration and service vendors
- Knowledge of video and audio routing
- A strong grasp of content security practices and challenges as they relate to screening assets.
- Knowledge of A/V distribution formats and consumer technology
- The communication skills to clearly articulate and document technical processes
- A passion for sound and the moving image.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit https://www.netflix.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Quality Engineer- iOS Automation
Fitbit, US - Boston
Senior Developer (m/w)
Senior Software Engineer
XO Group, Norwalk, Connecticut
Senior Desktop Engineer
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Software Engineer - iOS
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Senior Software Engineer – Network Advertising Marketplace
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA