Finance Operations - G&A
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
It's an exciting year for Netflix with our recent global expansion and the continued roll-out of our original series; it's a great time to join our team. As Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity. Visit our culture deck
and long-term view
to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
We are looking for a finance professional to assist our Legal and other G&A functions with end to end finance operations. This position will reside in the company’s Los Gatos based office and will report to the Senior Manager, Corporate Finance Operations. The perfect candidate for this role is someone that has an understanding of the P2P workflow, experience supporting a Legal team, can help drive operational process improvements, has the courage to challenge prevailing assumptions, and can develop strong cross functional relationships with business partners across the Legal, FP&A, Accounting, Accounts Payable, and IT teams. This position will provide support to cross-functional business partners as follows:
• Business owners -- Embedded resource that understands the nature of the business they are supporting and owns finance related tasks (end to end P2P support from setting up new vendors, reviewing contracts, creating PO’s, reviewing invoices, vendor management, etc.)
• Accounts Payable -- Create PO’s and provide non-PO invoice coding to enable timely and accurate invoice processing.
• FP&A -- Ensure accurate coding to provide meaningful reporting, help track actuals to budget and communicate any expected variances.
• Accounting -- Help facilitate a timely and accurate month-end close by owning the accrual process and explaining variance drivers.
• Communicating with the Legal and other G&A teams to obtain an understanding of services being procured from our vendors and understanding the status/timeline of delivery of services.
• Setting-up purchase orders (PO’s) in our accounting system to ensure appropriate classification of expenses to enable financial reporting and analysis.
• Managing vendor invoicing process: ensuring timely billing, approving invoices, and working with Accounting to ensure accuracy of accrued services.
• Working with Accounts Payable to resolve billing issues and ensure vendors are setup to be paid timely and accurately.
• Budget Management: working with FP&A to track actual spending to budget. Understand, communicate and explain variances.
• Obtaining, reviewing and summarizing vendor agreements.
• 4+ years of relevant experience
• Degree in relevant field
• Ability to proactively cultivate strong cross-functional relationships and communicate effectively with team members and business partners
• Capable of being a self-starter in a fast paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
• Intellectual curiosity about the business and solving problems
• Highly accurate and detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Advanced Excel experience with the ability to navigate large data sets
• Proven project management experience
• Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements
• Understanding of US GAAP - an accounting background and CPA is a plus
• Experience working with legal teams
• Experience with Serengeti
• A strong passion for Netflix
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.