Senior Manager - Global Controversy
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Liaise with Netflix’s tax compliance and reporting, transfer pricing, regional and tax planning teams to ensure our tax audits are properly managed, and to provide regular updates regarding audit status;
- Support the day-to-day operations of U.S. federal income tax audits and directly manage the company’s relationship with the IRS;
- Review and coordinate the response to Information Document Requests and Requests For Information from taxing authorities;
- Interact with tax colleagues on a regular basis to understand, discuss, and assist in bringing resolution to complex tax issues;
- Assist in the development of methodologies to quantify and maintain tracking tools regarding our global tax risk;
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as external advisors to ensure complete and timely flow of information and resolution of tax audits;
- Coordinate with subject matter experts (SMEs) as well as conduct research on a broad range of US, international and transfer pricing tax matters to support positions taken on tax returns;
- Research complex tax issues, prepare technical documentation and assist on special projects and provide assistance, as needed;
- Coordinate with SMEs to consider impact of legislative and other relevant changes to tax audits; and
- Administratively support global tax controversy matters.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Juris Doctor
- 12+ years of relevant tax experience in a public accounting firm, law firm and/or a corporate environment
- Solid understanding of fundamental U.S. and international corporate income tax
- Appreciation of indirect tax, employment tax, and property tax concepts
- Experience with U.S. and global controversy matters, including audits
- Self-starter with ability to juggle multiple projects and produce high quality work product in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively interact cross-functionally and with external advisors
- The ideal candidate will work as part of a high performance culture built around freedom and responsibility. You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.