Manager, Physical Production - Documentary
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Pre Production/Setup of Show
- Work with Finance, Legal, Creative, Engineering, Post & external production teams on establishing key production schedules and workflows and maximizing budget to spend as much on screen as possible.
- Work with Showrunners, EICs and Line Producers to prepare and vet show budgets and schedules, providing feedback internally and externally on viability and risks.
- Review creative/scripts & begin defining post budget and VFX scope
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to lock budget
- Track & manage all post related costs, keeping stakeholders apprised of status
- Update cost reports and trackers on a weekly basis
- Deal with the Bond company on delivery dates & budget concerns when applicable
- Help ensure that productions run smoothly, remain safe, meet deadlines and stay within budget.
- Create/Help inform and draft production and post schedule
- Collaborate with internal teams and external production team to lock schedule.
- Troubleshoot and communicate all changes to schedule to internal and external teams
- Lead or assist with search and hire of key production staff
- Determine key vendors to accommodate creative vision and relationships, tax incentives, budget needs, location issues.
- Help maintain/curate preferred vendor list
- Set up and attend key creative approval sessions
- Set up and schedule legal clearance reviews with Legal Department
- BA/BS Degree
- 8 Years + experience with long form production executive management both in the field and on a network level for both series and films. Candidates will likely be at the VP level or equivalent outside of Netflix
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment simultaneously supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
- Familiar with the current trends and workflows for both HD and 4K, single cam and multi-cam event
- Access to long roster of high quality vendors and talent worldwide
- Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
- Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
- Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
- Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
- Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and gear
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Avid, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Microsoft Word, Excel, Movie Magic Budgeting, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Mail
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit https://www.netflix.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Manager, Global Digital Production - Marketing Operations
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Senior Marketing Manager, Cozi
Time Inc., Seattle, WA
Manager, Audience Development, Health
Time Inc., New York, NY
Moat, New York
Business Analyst, Marketing Communications
Pinterest, San Francisco