Manager, Consumer PR - Latin America
Netflix, Alphaville, Brazil
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Netflix is looking for a talented Public Relations professional with a strong understanding of the consumer and media landscape in Latin America. The Consumer PR Manager will support our initiatives for the Southern Latin America markets (Argentina/ Chile) based out of our Sao Paulo office. We are looking for someone who rapidly consume entertainment and is passionate and curious about the growing global entertainment landscape.
The successful candidate will help build the Netflix brand and its service throughout Southern Latin America making use of multiple earned media channels, including broadcast, print, and online. Working with agency partners, this professional will be critical in promoting Netflix as a Brand including how we fit into people's lives through our content, our technology and our unique service. Working closely with the Publicity team, Marketing, and Social Media, this person will help build integrated Brand PR into 360 brand and show campaigns. The role has strong cross functional interaction with teams in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia with a high level of visibility and impact within the business.
Understanding of the intersection between PR and social within the digital landscape is key. In addition, the Manager must:
- Have experience working on global teams and managing global PR campaigns.
- Love brands, appreciate a good brief and understand what to do with a genuine insight.
- Understand how to build and maintain relationships with key journalists and different kinds of influencers on behalf of Netflix
- Be capable as serving as a company spokesperson among press
- Be confident and creative in their writing, capable of crafting everything from executive messaging to consumer facing newsletters, press releases and everything in between
- Really loves entertainment...being a TV, movie or Netflix junkie is even better.
- Be a native Spanish speaker. Portuguese is a plus
- Be an amazing administrator, skilled at managing multiple tasks simultaneously and work well under pressure.
- Speak fluent Spanish with strong written and verbal communication skills. Be a clear, candid and succinct communicator. Capable of crafting from executive messaging to consumer facing newsletters, press releases. Portuguese is a plus.
- Be able to function autonomously and effectively as part of a loosely coupled, but highly-aligned team.
To support a growing team that guides public relations strategy for a fast growing and widely-admired brand. Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly watch TV shows and movies, Netflix has grown to over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. It’s a great time to join Netflix.
Demonstrated ability to think innovatively—connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed
Has a big capacity to both think and ‘do’. Flourishes in a ‘hands on’ role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
A smart minimalist
Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
Has a Point of View
An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
Moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short timeframes.
Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
The Manager Consumer PR, Latin America reports to the Director - Consumer PR
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit