Manager, Content Publicity/PR
Netflix, Tokyo, Japan
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Set strategies, executing and managing publicity campaigns for Netflix original series and films (global and Japan).
- Adapt global strategies for the needs of Japan market and make use of multiple multiple global earned media channels, including broadcast, print and online.
- Create cultural moments and high impact campaigns, explore new tactics of promoting series.
- Communicate different facets of campaigns to agencies and other audiences across Netflix.
- Manage agencies in region (where applicable) to pitch media, secure opportunities and cover set visits or help plan and work junkets.
- Serve as the expert on the regions they manage, able to convey cultural needs and nuances that impact the global campaign.
- Formulate and manage a budget, and give visibility into their process successfully.
- Will focus on creating cultural moments and high impact campaigns, explore new tactics of promoting series, and will be able to communicate different facets of their campaigns to executives, filmmakers, talent and talent representatives.
- Have 5-10 years of experience in an entertainment PR setting - either agency or film/movie.
- International experience or knowledge of international media is a bonus.
- They have relationships with key media as well as the ability to build and maintain connections with key journalists and social media influencers.
- Possess a keen understanding of new and traditional media.
- Be able to understand and comfortably interpret business and technology issues.
- Be a clear and concise communicator.
- Have excellent media relationships and experience executing a PR strategy and work well across disciplines to execute campaigns.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadline and thrive in a high energy, fast-paced environment.
- Have experience managing agencies, be effective in dealing with talent, talent reps, journalists and other media influencers.
- Fluency in both English (a must) and Japanese.
- Experience in Anime is a plus.
- Domestic and international travel is a requirement.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
- The ability to think innovatively - connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
- Succinct Communicator. Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately.
- Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
- Pragmatic, organized and detailed. Has a big capacity to both think and ‘do’. Flourishes in a ‘hands on’ role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
- A smart minimalist. Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
- Has a Point of View. An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
- Pace moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once.
- Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short timeframes.
- Integrity. Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
- An Adult. Is a mature, fully-formed adult with a happy, well balanced life. Is motivated by what is best for Netflix.
- A strong belief in our culture. We live by our values, so it's worth learning more about them here.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
SEA Junior Manager, Regional
Vestiaire Collective, Paris
PPC Account Manager
PatientPop, Santa Monica
Recruitment Marketing Intern
TravelPerk, Barcelona - Spain
Creative Specialist with Japanese
indaHash, Poland, Warsaw
Corporate Marketing Coordinator
Healthline Media, New York, NY
Head of Corporate Affairs, APAC
Deliveroo, Hong Kong, Singapore