Manager, Global Creative Marketing - Original Films
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Do you live and breathe entertainment? Do you stay ahead of the curve and take in the latest films and TV shows across different platforms? Are you motivated by seeing your creative strategy have a direct impact on the overall business goals? Do you crave autonomy over your campaigns? If this resonates, then the opportunity to join our global creative marketing team and work on our growing film initiative could be the job for you!
It’s the chance to be on the ground floor with a team that will handle original movies globally for the online leader, changing the perception of Netflix films and how they should be enjoyed and celebrated. It’s a chance to be fearless and unconventional, try new things, lean into the unknown and turn a movie marketing campaign on its head. It’s an opportunity where you actually get to experience the direct impact your work has on the business.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 100 million streaming members in over 190 countries.
The Manager of GCM Original Films will work across several different disciplines that are bringing original films to fruition here at Netflix. We are looking for a a team member who is able to formulate and drive creative and executable ideas, communicate priorities, and present clear goals to stakeholders. The ideal candidate is not just a movie marketer, but a Netflix marketer, representing and understanding our brand. They must have a solid business acumen and a strong work ethic. This leader will understand the film market, be intellectually curious about entertainment and technology, and relate that knowledge to their campaigns. They think strategically, take the bull by the horns and will run with campaigns or new ideas that haven’t yet been achieved or previously attempted (and have fun with it). As such, they are a bold risk taker, not afraid to challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches. They are candid and direct, even when that approach might be controversial. The ideal candidate thrives in an environment of freedom, takes initiative, and uses sound judgement to independently make wise decisions. They are scrappy, unafraid to jump in and handle tasks at all levels -- ALL -- and they succeed in an environment void of bureaucracy and layers. The role will report to the Director, GCM Original Films.
- The ideal candidate is a strong leader familiar with the Netflix culture deck and is eager to work among like-minded colleagues and embrace the company's philosophies.
- They will have 6-7 years of entertainment experience, preferably focused on movies, and will be able to successfully strategize and communicate innovative marketing campaigns and work well across disciplines to execute on said campaigns.
- Has a native understanding of digital media, but believes in telling stories through great ideas regardless of the medium.
- Has led 360 creative on marketing campaigns, including print, television, digital, and social. Understands the essence of what connects consumers to entertainment brands outside of traditional marketing tactics.
- Experience working on awards campaigns is a plus. The role is global, so international experience is a bonus but not a deal breaker.
- The ideal candidate is high energy, motivated, has strong relationship-building capabilities and a capacity to work in a very fast-paced environment.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
Demonstrated ability to think innovatively—connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed
Has a big capacity to both think and ‘do’. Flourishes in a ‘hands on’ role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
A smart minimalist
Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
Has a Point of View
An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
Moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short timeframes.
Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
Is a mature, fully-formed adult with a happy, well balanced life. Is motivated by what is best for Netflix.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.