Manager, Member Data Engineering & Analytics
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What will fill your days
- Recruiting: You are constantly on the lookout for talent and have a knack for recognizing and attracting top-tier engineers to your team. You understand the importance of building an amazing team and the value it brings to the overall company.
- Feedback & Development: You see people’s strengths/weaknesses and are both gifted and courageous in talking with them about it.
- Visionary: You intuitively understand business and technology and you leverage that to guide a team providing relevant context and inspiration.
- Partnership: You establish strong relationships with both business and technical leaders across Netflix.
Character & Qualities that will help you Succeed
- You’re willing to risk rejection. When you fail, you learn and are willing to try again.
- You’re not afraid of hard conversations and sharing your perspective.
- You’re a natural leader but your team & colleagues see your humility.
- You’re a creative revolutionary, forward thinking, & pro-active.
- You possess a solid sense of business acumen.
- You listen and communicate well.
- You’re allergic to micromanagement. You prefer to give context, delegate, and watch amazing people exceed your hopes and expectations.
- You have used big data technologies (i.e. Spark/MapReduce/Hadoop/Pig, etc…) at one point in your career and built large scale data pipelines
- You have experience working with data at extreme scale
- You have a software engineering background with significant coding experience (java, python, scala, etc...)
- You have used SQL and reporting tools at one point in your career and are analytically savvy.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.