Director, Screenings - UCAN Events & Regional Publicity
Netflix is looking for a Screenings Director to spearhead a team that is responsible for asset creation and screenings execution. This Director will oversee a team of technical experts who work in tandem with Post Management, Creators and Event partners to bring exemplary creative presentations to screen, both at in-person and virtual Events. We need someone who has a deep bench of technical knowledge and also has strong people-managing skills with a proven track record working first-hand on the creation, development and execution of high profile Film & Series Events.
The Screenings Director will also be responsible for managing and executing systems workflows and vendor management all while overseeing and up-leveling the work of their team. We are looking for someone who can establish a long term vision for the team, is truly innovative, highly strategic and can mobilize a team to realize the big picture vision. We are looking for people who are excellent communicators, have flexible management methods and ultimately have a vision for the team as well as individual growth for team members.
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The ideal candidate will be able to fulfill the roles and responsibilities of a Netflix Screenings Director, including helping their team navigate ambiguity by providing high-level context, enabling team members to make sound judgment calls. They will develop and maintain workflow systems and external partnerships as a lead and for support to their team on some of their events. The Director will reduce the overall tax on the rest of the team as we support a growing slate.
The Director must be able to build & maintain working relationships outside of their function. They need to be able to clearly articulate complex ideas to peers & leadership teams (both internally & externally). The candidate must be able to remain ‘cool under fire’ and can confidently communicate their POV, contributing to leadership debates, leadership forums, etc. They will be required to encourage, mentor and inspire their team to do the same.
The Director will seek and promote efficiency and impact, differentiating between necessary process vs. arbitrary process and can effectively delegate. Beyond their systems work, they seek to up-level the entire Screenings team. They are unafraid to take a smart bet & can articulate the potential pros & cons of their decision. They are self-reflective and sunshine what they could have done better, sharing their learnings to up-level the whole team.
The Director will need to be an inclusive leader and cultural ambassador, embodying and promoting our company values every day, and actively help others do the same. The ideal candidate will not avoid difficult conversations. They will be self-aware and acknowledge their personal bias / blind spots and self-correct accordingly, seeking feedback from team members across the company, irrespective of perceived hierarchy. Likewise, the Director is expected to help shape the growth of their team. Additionally, they must demonstrate high IQ & Emotional Intelligence, and expertly maintain team morale whilst modeling candor and honesty.
The Director’s Team Functions include:
- Oversee Screenings Team strategy for the short and long term, with an eye to the future in both the in-person, virtual and hybrid event world
- They lead ongoing roles & responsibilities discussions, grow, nurture and develop the group and manage expectation-setting discussions for their team
- They will oversee vendor relations on designated projects and billing efficiencies
- Lead cross-functional as well as cross-regional debate and collaboration
- Function as a strategic thought partner to Post-Production, Distribution, Publicity, Awards, Content Services, Globalization, Product and inter-team with Events & Regional Publicity Leadership
- Function as a strategic thought partner to the broader Events & Regional Publicity team to maintain and/or develop systems management plans
- Forecast budgets based on prioritization and oversee team budgets
- Contribute regularly as a thought leader to meetings, to members of the greater publicity team and the company
- Hire and oversee vendors, when applicable
- Oversee title staffing and day to day team management
- Able to collaborate, ideate, and align with cross-functional teams to anticipate, create, communicate and implement best practices and workflows for evolving screenings needs
- Foster cross-functional partnerships and take strategic approaches to achieve big impact, high screening quality and support for overall event and screenings goals
- Ability to see the bigger picture, holistic understanding of company, campaign, team, and event goals to guide the team's goals and growth
The successful candidate for Screenings Director, Events & Regional Publicity will have approximately 15+ years of entertainment experience including but not limited to leading teams in the studio, network or agency setting. They have experience developing, overseeing and executing high profile screenings events, virtually, in-person and hybrid. They should have relationships with key vendors as well as the ability to build and maintain connections with new sectors of the business. They have strong people-management skills including coaching and developing diverse talent, managing both up and down, and providing constructive feedback.
The Screenings Director, Events & Regional Publicity is a manager of people and reports to the Director, Events & Regional Publicity.