Manager, Subscriber Forecast & Analysis
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Netflix’s top level executives closely monitor subscriber growth as the key metric of business performance. The Subscriber Analytics team provides the company with insights around what is driving our current subscriber trends and an outlook for future subscriber growth. In terms of corporate planning, the subscriber forecast drives how much revenue we expect and thus how much we can spend on content and marketing. Our external quarterly subscriber guidance is the key metric that drives Wall Street's expectations of our growth.
Netflix is looking for the best and brightest to drive the data and business insights to key strategic decisions. We believe that we derive a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach we take to managing the company. Senior management heavily depends on the Subscriber Analytics team to develop a data-driven perspective on the company's growth, and the outcome of our team’s analyses plays a critical role in how we plan for and execute on the company's business objectives.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Providing subscriber forecast (acquisition, retention, net adds, and subscriber penetration) across various markets leveraging both bottom-up and top-down approaches
• Lead and support strategic value-added analyses to understand drivers behind subscriber growth
• Work cross-functionally within the organization (global payments, marketing, product and content, etc.) to:
- Integrate broad and complex business inputs into near term and long term subscriber forecast
- Track and analyze business impact of key events to derive actionable insights and feedback to the collaboration teams
- Project subscriber impact from business decisions on pricing, content, product, etc. to facilitate planning and operational decisions
• Research, track and generate global insights into the subscriber growth landscape
• Define, develop and automate subscriber performance dashboards
Candidates are required to have strong analytical expertise and be highly effective in communication. She/He should have the ability to combine world-class data analytics with sound business intuition and judgement. The questions asked of our team are often urgent in nature and have immediate impact on how the business makes decisions. The individual coming into this role must be able to deliver results with accuracy but also in a prompt nature and comfortability with short turnaround requests. She/ he must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• 4+ years in an quantitative role (e.g. data science, FP&A, management consulting, banking, investment management, etc.); experience in forecasting is preferred
• Ability to independently extract, explore and analyze big data from both internal and external sources to guide the analysis of complex issues
• High efficiency in analytics packages including Teradata SQL, Excel Macro / VBA, R or SAS
• Skilled in preparing effective presentations with clear narrative and impactful graphics
• History of working with and effectively influencing senior management
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills, but also able to work independently with minimum supervision
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering/computer science or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative competence; master's degree preferred
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.