Regional Language Manager - Singapore
Netflix, Singapore, Singapore
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Provide cultural & linguistic consultancy, localization advocacy, and influence other teams at Netflix (in the US and in region) in order to deliver the best possible user experience to our APAC members.
- Gain deep product knowledge and awareness of product data for the APAC region.
- Work closely with our vendors’ Language Leads to define and monitor quality standards for each language in your charge.
- Develop a language support strategy, using localization vendors and freelance resources, by building, training and maintaining individual translation and review teams for each of the languages/markets supported.
- Work closely with your translation team and the Product Localization QC team to anticipate, identify and fix linguistic and product issues related to your region.
- Provide creative input in adapting content linked to high priority Netflix titles, in close partnership with the Marketing team.
- Experience in language or localization resource management.
- Marketing and PR translation experience, with the right mix of linguistic skills in one of the following languages: Thai, Vietnamese or Indonesian.
- Experience in creative writing and media/journalism a plus.
- Deep understanding of localization specificities and pitfalls.
- Knowledge of the movie/entertainment industry in Southeast Asia region, and more specifically in Thailand, Vietnam or Indonesia.
- Knowledge of industry CAT tools, as well as translation and terminology tools.
- Fluency in English. Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to show initiative and work independently.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit https://www.netflix.com/
Jobs You May Like
Product Designer, Growth
Change.org, San Francisco, CA
Group Product Manager
TripAdvisor, San Francisco, CA
Growth Manager, Dropbox Business
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Senior Product Manager, Search (Markets)
Etsy, San Francisco, CA
Product Manager, Content
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA