Screening Asset Specialist
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
As Netflix expands its global content creation footprint, we are increasing our investment in original content production across multiple content verticals (features, scripted and unscripted series, documentaries, comedies, etc). The Post Production team seeks a Specialist to join us in pioneering new and innovative methods of executing digital screenings.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day. With continued international expansion and a move into original film acquisition and production underway, it's a great time to join Netflix.
We are seeking an individual to help our teams manage global screening requests. In essence this means producing the asset creation for promotional screenings.
The successful candidate will have an expertise in video & theatrical creation of screening assets. Ideally, this person will have experience working across multiple departments within a global entertainment distributor. Experience producing assets for promotional events (like premieres), where exemplary organization & flexibility is not just crucial, but is a requirement.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the creation, coordination and delivery of screening assets for all Netflix original content. We need a team player who is eager to work across departments to establish workflows and best practices, enabling them to plan and execute great screening experiences for creative staff, film and series creators, press, festivals, etc.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work on behalf of Netflix post production with global counterparts to manage requests and creation of screening assets including, but not limited to: DCPs, BluRays, DVDs and various digital files.
- Knowledge of color spaces, frame rates, resolutions, aspect ratios, audio requirements and more
- Maintain & curate a network of third party post production companies / technical vendors to implement creation of screening assets for multiple departments, in multiple countries simultaneously.
- Work with the Netflix PR, Post Production, VFX and Security teams to support the ordering, fulfilling and execution of screening assets.
- Administer scheduling, tracking, and verification of domestic and international deliveries of screening assets to the venues.
- Communicate effectively with various cross functional teams to ensure the proper planning, availability and delivery of material.
- Support in-house screenings at Netflix facilities.
Experience and Qualifications
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, effective communicator and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery).
- Technical expertise in DCP, Blu-Ray, DVD and digital file creation. Edit session requests and knowledge of DCI-Compliance standards
- Familiar with the current trends and workflows for HD, 2k, UHD, 4K rec709, HDR (Dolby Vision) & XYZ
Dolby Atmos, 7.1 and 5.1 audio formats as well as best practices for cloud hosted media sharing and collaboration.
- Experience and Knowledge of Quality Control standards & practices
- Understanding of how to prioritize, while also remaining agile and able to pivot quickly.
- Ability to handle high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously and manage competing priorities
- Strong relationships with outside digital vendors including Sound and DI facilities.
- Knowledge of VFX pipelines and technology helpful.
- Knowledge of IT network configuration and data management helpful.
- Familiarity with production & post software as well as newer cloud platforms helpful.
- College degree preferred or additional production certificate programs.
- Strong organizational and creative problem solving skills with proactive mentality.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.