Product Designer, Games Platform
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Initiate, define and lead innovation initiatives and features from concept through launch.
- Collaborate with a small team of designers and prototypers to explore, test, and evolve interactive experiences on Netflix.
- Partner with external game studios and partners to design and implement new platform features that can be utilized at scale.
- Own the full-stack design process—from blue sky exploration to UX specs to polished UI designs to working with engineers to implement a flawless experience.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships and collaborations with Product Managers, Engineering, Consumer Insights, and Game Studio partners.
- Help to create a strong interactive design point-of-view and help cross-functional teams clearly understand the vision.
- 8+ years of experience designing product features for games platforms
- Deep understanding of game production methodologies, technologies and gaming industry trends.
- Multiple successful game platform product/feature launches that drove meaningful impact to the business.
- A versatile portfolio that showcases deep interaction and visual design skills
- Ability to quickly produce a great range of UX/UI concepts, as well as go deep to identify edge cases.
- The communication skills to clearly articulate your concepts—and evangelize on their behalf.
- Experience with A/B testing and using data to inform design decisions is a plus.
- Proven leadership and strategic ability to drive initiatives and projects.
- Figma experience and working with established design systems is a plus A love of movies, TV shows and interactive media.
Why you’ll love it here:
- Your work is enjoyed globally by 300M+ viewers (and growing) in 190 countries
- You are empowered to imagine what “interactive TV” means and create new delight for our members
- You are surrounded by many talented people that you’re inspired by everyday
- On the spectrum from careful to reckless, we live right on the border of reckless (otherwise we’re not pushing boundaries)
- You get control over how you approach solving problems
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.