Senior Software Engineer, Data Abstraction Platform
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Here are a few recent talks and posts from members of our team that highlight some of the work we do:
- How Netflix Manages Version Upgrades of Cassandra at Scale
- Towards Practical Self-Healing Distributed Databases
- More talks from our team @ CDE Channel
If you can…
- Address complex problems at both an application and system level
- Collaborate effectively with teammates, technical partners, and the open source community
If you have…
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience
- Experience building and operating highly reliable, easy to use, impactful systems.
- Experience managing datastore locality, building Data Placement Systems (e.g., Akkio)
- Experience working with containers
- Exceptional proficiency in at least one of Java, Go, Python or C++
- Great communication, partner, and customer focused skills.
- Experience or aptitude for building distributed systems
- Read about Netflix’s culture and think you would thrive here.
If you practice…
- Rigorous design and code reviews
- Refactoring and applying software design patterns to improve and optimize code
- Commitment to high quality, maintainable software
- End to end ownership of software you build
- Working with and building partnerships with different teams across the company.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
The best bed for better sleep