Senior Data Engineer - Content Delivery Analytics
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What you'll do
- You’ll take ownership and increase automation of the complex data that drives the highly visible ISP Speed Index, a site publishing Netflix streaming speeds for ISPs across the globe.
- You’ll implement anomaly detection techniques to surface metric shifts on datasets with dozens of dimensions with high cardinality.
- Every video or audio file you stream from Netflix started as a file living on an editor’s hard drive and became a Netflix-encoded asset sitting on a server ready to be played. You’ll create the data pipelines that will let us quantify and understand that life cycle by merging system activity and customer behavior.
- We need to process data more quickly than ever to enable rapid experimentation in an increasingly nimble engineering organization. You’ll help implement our business logic to be compatible with real-time/stream processing frameworks.
- Autonomy in managing cross-functional engineering projects
- Distributed data processing at scale (Spark, Hadoop or AWS)
- Programming experience manipulating and analyzing data (Scala, Java or Python)
- Large-scale storage and retrieval (Hadoop, ElasticSearch or Druid)
- Strong collaboration with analytic partners, domain experts, and other consumers of your work, preferably in supporting an engineering or product function
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.