Senior Data Engineer, Product
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Partnering with internal customers. At times you will partner with every team at Netflix to enable new projects and analyses.
- Design, prototype, and productize data pipelines used for making product decisions.
- Build/Deploy/Improve internal-built data tools. You will be expected to contribute to internal tools that enable efficiency throughout Netflix. These tools will be used for both analysis and data processing. As these tools mature you will be encouraged to make them available via open source.
Skills & Characteristics:
- Experience building production data pipelines (using Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, etc.) on web-scale datasets. You should have an unmistakable passion for elegant and intuitive dataset design. Hands on and deep experience with schema design and data modeling.
- Programming proficiency in at least one major language (e.g. Java, Scala). You strive to write beautiful code and you're comfortable working in a variety of tech stacks.
- You are a well-rounded, top performer who is able to process data at scale and work strategically with partners.
- You're ambitious and willing to take action, but not stubborn. You recognize when you're wrong and move past your own mistakes.
- You work hard, and you have healthy boundaries. You know how to prioritize both your work and personal commitments without set boundaries or guidelines.
Two more things to know:
- We expect a lot. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about it at jobs.netflix.com.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit https://www.netflix.com/
Jobs You May Like
Linux Big Data Engineer
Datto, Norwalk, CT; Boston, MA ; Portland, OR, Rochester,NY
Part Time Data Science Instructor
General Assembly, Boston, MA
Data Scientist (m/f) | Hamburg
Kreditech, Hamburg Office
Quantitative Researcher, Fixed Income Analytics
Sales Operations Associate
Indiegogo, San Francisco
Applied Research Scientist
Element AI, Seoul