Senior Data Scientist - Algorithm Experimentation and Analytics
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Lead the design, analysis, and interpretation of experiments to improve personalization algorithms at Netflix.
- Drive innovation by exploring new experimentation methodologies and statistical techniques that could sharpen or speed up our product decision-making processes.
- Proactively perform data exploration to understand user behavior and identify opportunities for improving our recommendation algorithms. Present your research and insights to all levels of the company.
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, or a related quantitative field
- 5+ years relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging massive amounts of data to drive product innovation
- Deep statistical skills - ideally utilized in A/B testing
- Experience with distributed analytic processing technologies (Hive, Pig, Presto, Spark)
- Strong programming skills (ideally in Python or R)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Deep product sense
- A fan of Netflix is a strong plus
A few more things to know
- We expect a lot. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about [Netflix Culture](http://www.slideshare.net/reed2001/culture-1798664)
- We are a tight and driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are truly passionate about their work. We also support a balanced lifestyle.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Research Assistant - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Content Strategist - Education
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Palo Alto
Software Engineer - Data
eero, San Francisco
Data Scientist, Data & Analytics
MLB Advanced Media, New York, NY