Development Manager, Design and Construction
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Interface with internal teams, stakeholders, vendors and partners across Netflix in the execution of projects.
- Assist with the development of Project Schedules, incorporating dates and times for decisions, availability of design information, procurement of materials and subcontracts, lead times for fabrication, and field installation, for all studio projects are established, aggregated and maintained.
- Ensure that the prescribed quality and financial control measures are implemented and maintained throughout the life of the project.
- Work effectively with regional developers, landlords, and government agencies.
- In partnership with Regional PM leads establish regional partnerships with architects, engineers, consultants, and contractors.
- Ability to provide clear & frequent projects’ updates to leaders & internal stakeholders that define project status, schedule, & risks.
- Leverage our global scale & purchasing power to reduce overall costs on goods and services.
- Communicate and manage all issues and risks affecting the projects
- Communicates project status to project participants and stakeholders accurately and on time. Develop and implement solutions to correct any deviation.
- Lead and manage a large team of professional consultants to ensure effective project delivery
- Develop and manage budgets for development projects together with the Transaction Manager during the site acquisition phase. Appraise and profile the associated risks for development.
- Manage the site Due Diligence process in order to ensure that all development risks are identified and quantified.
- Manage the approval and permitting phase of the development process and ensure approvals are in line with company requirements. Maintain positive relationships with jurisdictions and planning commissions to ensure same.
- Manage the detailed design phase of the projects, ensuring strict adherence to corporate specifications and attention to cost management
- Managing the bidding, negotiation, and construction contract process
- Monitor general contractor and vendor performance during construction phase and identify potential risks
- Ensure that the projects are effectively handed over with completed documentation and in a ‘right first time’ manner.
- Ensure that the projected expenditure is under constant review and any anticipated deviations are highlighted and controlled
- Ensure that construction projects are in line with current health & safety laws and internal company requirements
- Support development efforts by working closely with other departments to determine more effective processes and tools
- Achieve that all of the above are carried out in line with Netflix Company Values
- 15+ years experience in the development, design and construction of large scale, core & shell, mixed use development design and construction projects.
- Ability to prioritize and work through ambiguity to develop successful strategies.
- Experience in leading large teams on complex projects
- Experience with ground up development projects, including entitlements & municipal approvals.
- Self starter and high level of organizational skills.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and contracts.
- Architecture, Civil Engineering, and/or Construction Management degree
- Having an understanding of studio operations: cost metrics, chargebacks, operational financials is a plus.
- Google Office Suite
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.