Director of Product Management, Member Homepage Personalization
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What we offer
- The opportunity to have impact. The Netflix product management model is different from most technology companies. Our key product management leaders - including this position - work with multiple sprint teams but do not have direct reports. Consequently, we’re looking for experienced product leaders who are strategic and also like rolling up their sleeves.
- Responsibility. Netflix offers true transparency and autonomy. Our culture is unique and is key to how we innovate.
- Learning. You will be creating customer experiences and business models that have never been done before. You will have the opportunity to work with stunning colleagues who value collaboration and from whom you can learn.
- A work environment where you can grow your career. Many of our top execs started out as individual contributors.
- Experience managing consumer products leveraging machine learning (e.g. recommendation systems) with a proven record of prioritizing and successfully launching impactful products or platforms.
- Extensive experience and demonstrated leadership working effectively with data scientists, machine learning engineers, statisticians etc.
- Proven ability to map algorithmic solutions to product problems with demonstrated impact on business metrics through AB testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to present technical content to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to partner with different functions to ensure that your solutions drive real business impact. Strategic thinking and ability to incorporate larger business context into algorithm and product development.
- Post graduate education (MS or PhD) in an applied quantitative field strongly preferred, such as : Machine Learning, Statistics, Operations research, Information theory, Control theory, Econometrics etc.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.