Manager, Music Business Development, Series
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the UCAN soundtrack and original music release strategy for Netflix Original Series
- Maintain and optimize a high volume, complex workflow of soundtrack orchestration from inception to completion and how it comes to life in market across all platforms
- Manage all aspects of soundtrack/ single release promotion on assigned releases, working effectively and timely with internal and external teams to build out the overarching series soundtrack release strategy in close collaboration with Music Creative Production, Marketing, Publicity, etc.
- Deliver thought leadership to inform and deliver integrated artist plans and serve as a resource across Netflix to identify key opportunities to further drive the equity of Netflix series titles
- Oversee, manage, and deliver music release assets & marketing materials to all the relevant teams both internal and external, while monitoring and enforcing strict deadlines.
- Act as day-to-day project lead on assigned releases, leveraging internal and external resources to ensure projects receive the appropriate level of off-platform support
- Partner closely with external partners from labels, artists, management teams, touring companies, etc.
- Data tracking on original music releases (streams, playlisting, social footprints, etc.) to help identify ancillary music opportunities and marketing impact.
- Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years marketing/ product management professional experience working for lifestyle brands in music, tech and/or entertainment industry
- Experience in building an overarching strategy and the ability to gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and ambiguous environment
- Ability to work within complex data sets to extract key insights and recommendations to continuously evolve the series original music workflow
- Broad knowledge of the music industry and a passionate fan of the original serialized content and growing franchises
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with great judgment
- Well versed in Google suite
- Ability to be discreet, use good judgment and maintain confidential information
- Deep Knowledge of the music business and audience trends, along with good knowledge of the competitor landscape.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Help the world share their story