Senior Fullstack Software Engineer, Productivity Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
To achieve this, you will need to:
- Build interfaces and tools that are flexible enough to support thousands of diverse users and manage ever-growing complexity and scale.
- Collaborate closely with platform provider teams and end-user developers alike.
- Work across many technologies to tie together existing systems and tools, picking up unfamiliar concepts quickly.
- Take a product-driven mindset toward improving the experience of software engineers at Netflix, ensuring customer impact is always central to your work.
We’re looking for experience in one or more of the following skill sets:
- Strong frontend and UI development/design skills applied towards crafting modern web applications (we use ReactJS).
- Experience with UX design, developing complex user interactions with a UI-based product, and/or working closely with customers to understand and support their workflows.
- Working understanding of backend, microservices, and/or distributed system skills applied towards developing modern cloud application products.
- Experience designing and building high-quality developer tools for a diverse audience.
Additionally, we’re looking for:
- Clear and concise communication about your work, design, and tradeoff decisions, both in writing and verbally, and an ability to form durable relationships with partners and customers.
- Curiosity and inquisitiveness; desire to “peel the layers of the onion” on ambiguous problems.
- An alignment with Netflix values in how you approach your work and collaborate with others.
- Not required, but will help you hit the ground running: proficiency with Node, Java, Golang, and/or GraphQL.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Sweat in good company