Technical Research Team Manager
Netflix, Salt Lake City, Utah
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What will you be doing?
- You will lead a team of Technical Research Analysts as you coach and develop your team to identify areas of focus and opportunity within their performance and our culture
- You will be a subject matter expert on all responsibilities maintained by your team of Technical Research Analysts and constantly seek to be current in that knowledge
- You will compose documents and reports on your team’s performance and current issues impacting our customers
- You will oversee all aspects of the escalation process, systems outage management, support for streaming product development, and working hands-on with these functions as needed
- You will drive ownership and coordinate daily activities and projects, including knowledge base content updates, bug triage prioritization, and customer-facing outage management
- You will represent the Technical Research Team as a point of contact when interacting with LatAm internal and external stakeholders
- You will participate in hiring and onboarding of Technical Research Analysts
- You will drive team performance to expose friction and reliability concerns within the product that also drive pain for customer service
- You will help provide floor support for new training and process rollouts
- An inclusive and empathetic leader
- You possess strong written and verbal communication skills required for this position. Additional languages (especially Spanish) are a big plus.
- Previous people management experience working with people from multiple backgrounds and cultures
- Proven working experience in project management is advantageous
- Experience in a technical research or support engineer role helping to determine the root cause of technical issues
- You will analyze metrics and escalation trends to drive improved efficiency and understanding of customer impact
- You partner with peers from across the globe to share best practices and encourage mutual development
- You have the ability to communicate highly complex issues effectively
- You thrive in an innovative culture where autonomy is necessary, evolution is inevitable, and strong communication is paramount
- You have a high level of responsibility, ownership, and accountability
- Able to learn quickly and adjust to rapidly changing environment
- You possess a passion for people development in a high-performance environment
- You have experience creating, editing, and maintaining knowledge base and/or training documentation
- You have experience with Google G Suite, JIRA, Confluence, Kibana, Tableau, Zendesk, or similar products
- You maintain flexibility for schedule changes based on business needs
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.