Manager, Public Policy, Sub-Saharan Africa
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
In this role you will:
- Identify, monitor and analyze relevant policy and regulatory trends, legislative proposals, relevant news, and developments in the government space which may have an impact on Netflix.
- Help colleagues across Netflix understand the impact that potential changes to policies in the Sub-Saharan region, and our priority markets, may have on our business and their respective functions, and work cross functionally with key relevant stakeholders; including Content, Legal, Product and Communications, to strategically align on various policy objectives
- Develop and maintain relationships with a diverse set of public and private sector stakeholders to educate them about Netflix and build support for our policy positions
- Communicate Netflix's public positions on key policy issues to policymakers, and to external stakeholders
- Develop and maintain relationships with public policy representatives across the technology and media community, and serve as a representative of Netflix in relevant trade groups or other industry bodies
- Hold direct engagements with key policy, regulatory, legislative and industry stakeholders to support Netflix’s policy advocacy on key issues
- Conduct research work to support Netflix’s policy advocacy; coordinate Netflix’s input into consultation processes and regulatory submissions as and when required
- Provision of day-to-day support to the broader Sub Saharan Africa policy team as may be required
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Proven experience in a policy-related role in either a government organization, legislative body, policy consulting firm, policy research institute or in-house government relations department
- Strong industry knowledge - an in-depth understanding and keen curiosity of the internet, media and entertainment industries
- Demonstrated and thoughtful business judgment, strong research and analytical skills, ability to work well under pressure, and ability to collaborate with multiple teams simultaneously
- An ability to cover a broad range of issues and work with a network of consultants, lawyers, and other partners
- Track record of successfully executing cross-functional projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English Language.
- Proficiency in French would be an added advantage
- Experience working in other parts of SSA beyond Southern Africa would also be a plus
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Help the world share their story