Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries, enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
About the Security Operations and Support Team
To enable our Information Security organization to effectively and sustainably scale our teams’ ability to provide excellent customer support, we are forming a new Security Operations and Support team within our Security Operations Center (SOC). This team will be the frontline resource for all information security needs of our customers (i.e., our workforce) and will be responsible for handling, troubleshooting, and resolving customer requests and issues. As one of the founding members of this team, you will have tremendous influence over the vision, development, implementation, and operations.
For this role, we are looking for a Senior Security Support Engineer with a passion for information security operations, customer service, and automation. You will be responsible for monitoring and handling our customers’ information security requests, troubleshooting and solving security issues, automating support needs, developing support documentation and runbooks, developing and maintaining tools and infrastructure, and seeking out ways to continuously improve the security support experience.
Our ideal new team member has first-hand experience working in customer-facing, security engineering support roles and has a breadth of experience across information security, system and network administration, and cloud computing. You are excellent at understanding and solving complex and ambiguous problems and constantly seek improvement.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- You have experience providing excellent customer service across a complex organization, ideally as part of a central support team.
- You have strong collaboration skills and experience working with cross-functional teams.
- You possess a breadth of knowledge and experience across the information security domain, such as endpoint security, encryption, SIEM, identity management, application security, and vulnerability management.
- You have experience in implementing security tools and managing infrastructure.
- You have experience in system and network administration across multiple platforms and environments, to include AWS.
- You have experience in developing tools, scripts, and automations.
- You seek out process improvement opportunities through automation.
- You have hands-on experience analyzing and responding to security events, such as conducting log analysis, developing queries and analytics, troubleshooting security issues, and correlating diverse data sets.
Netflix allows the security team to approach security differently. We’ve shaped our security principles to align with our culture of “Freedom and Responsibility” and “Context not Control.” Employees have tremendous freedom in their work, along with the corresponding responsibility and the accountability to do the right thing for Netflix. Read more about the Netflix culture here
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.