Manager, Music Creative Production - Creative (Studio Film)
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Responsibilities & Skills
- Experience: 10+ years either as a Music Supervisor or in-house Music Executive at a studio.
- Read development scripts and create appropriate music budget for overall film model
- Collaborate with directors, producers, studio creative, physical production and post production executives to oversee and execute music objectives for the film
- Suggest Music Supervisor, Executive Music Producer, Songwriter and/or Composer shortlist, collect and curate reels to present to filmmakers and help schedule composer, filmmaker meetings. Collaborate with Music Business & Legal Affairs (BALA) on music hires.
- Manage on-camera performances in collaboration with Music Supervisor and Music Production team - including clearance, pre-records, on set production and post production requirements
- Ensure there are no creative issues with Music Editor’s temp score choices during director’s cut and preview process. Address and solve issues if present.
- Work with Music Editor and Post Supervisor during temp dub to make sure music is ready for preview / test screening
- Attend previews and focus groups to discern feedback on music
- Work with Post, Music Editor and Composer to develop a music post schedule that coincides with film post timeline and adhere to said schedule
- Facilitate score approval process between the studio, composer, director and producers by organizing, attending and running score review sessions after locked picture
- Give creative notes on score to the Composer and help manage the score note process between the producer(s), creative executive(s) and composer
- Collaborate with Music Production on scheduling and supervising scoring sessions to ensure they are running on time and on budget
- Supervise the music supervisor as they are in the process of song selection as it relates to creative studio approvals and budget.
- Guide the soundtrack partner selection process based on offers, partnership strengths and roster
- Align with Music Development and Music BALA and advise on the structure and funds of a soundtrack deal
- Steer the original song creation and curation of the soundtrack both creatively, legally and fiscally
- Be the conduit between soundtrack label and Netflix cross-functional partners to procure the highest synergy of assets and rollout including music videos
- Collaborate on soundtrack marketing and release with label
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one