Manager, Technical Services, Screening Operations
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Manage a team of LA-based technicians who directly support Netflix’s in-house Theatres, Screening Rooms, Screening Lounges, and Review Facilities.
- Responsible for the day-to-day technical management of LA Exhibition Facilities and the smooth running of the technical infrastructure.
- Grow and staff a ‘dream-team’ of client-facing operators and technicians
- Define and articulate operational requirements and specifications for screening facilities
- Ensure the Exhibition Facilities are fully optimized to meet current and future creative and technical requirements by developing a profound understanding of our clients’ work and their goals.
- Partner closely with internal infrastructure and engineering teams on acceptance testing and commissioning of new facilities and upgrades and refreshes for existing ones.
- Manage vendors who service our worldwide facilities; oversee contracts and supervise their work and ensure consistency and high quality throughout our rooms regardless of region.
- Refine and evolve operational models, procedures, workflows to meet the challenges and demands of our rapid growth in volume.
- Develop systems and tools to track issues in rooms, share and retain knowledge, enable escalation paths, and manage inventory.
- Create systems and workflows to oversee inventory, warranties, parts, spares, and purchase orders.
- 10+ years of experience in a high-volume motion picture exhibition or post-production services in a client-facing capacity
- You are a confident, thoughtful and empathetic people manager with proven abilities to empower, motivate, and inspire a team. You delegate to and partner with your team effectively and support their professional growth and development
- You are comfortable giving guidance, mentor, and brainstorming solutions while trusting team members’ judgement and challenging them to make decisions independently
- Deep knowledge and experience of content creation, post production workflows, and exhibition standards encompassing Digital Cinema, sound processing, color science, calibration procedures, playback performance, picture and audio mastering
- Experience with and ability to respectfully but authoritatively engage with creative executives and content creators in high-stakes, fast-paced “showtime” situations
- Ability to manage and operate in ambiguous situations and think on your feet to solve challenges and problems
- Proven track record of innovation, initiative, ideation, and implementation
- Proven abilities to embrace, drive and enable change management
- Experience with instituting quality management frameworks and process improvement Strong organizational skills with proactive mentality, positive orientation, and outlookAbility to respond after-hours for important, timely, or urgent matters
- Willingness to travel periodically to remote facilities
- Ability to multitask and handle a heavy volume of work, supervising several projects in various stages
- Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!